The high-tech style is perhaps the most rarely used when decorating a bedroom. It is much more often found in the kitchen, bathroom, or living room, where the abundance of equipment and electronics helps to recreate the aesthetics of a high-tech industrial enterprise or office.
High-tech is one of the coolest styles, so it is rarely found as an example of the bedroom decoration. But still, it has its followers.
Peculiarities of High-tech Bedroom Design
Every interior design style has its peculiarities of applying. Here are some of the high-tech one:
- It is recommended to use concrete, glass, and metal, plus a little plastic, and a minimum of wood for the High-tech interior.
- Self-leveling floors are very often used, which in appearance practically do not differ from the concrete floors of industrial enterprises. And in order to emphasize the direction of style, floor slabs can be left in their original form.
- The main palette of this style is based on the use of two colors: black and white. Gray is also often used, but it can be seen as the result of mixing these colors.
- The wall decoration has to be plain – plaster or wallpapers for painting. Other materials can be used, but they should be consistent with the basic style. For example, the wall opposite a large window, decorated with glass mosaic, looks quite attractive. It makes the room even brighter and more visually spacious.
- A pair of “colored spots” in the form of pillows on a bed can add a little warmth and comfort to the bedroom. If such a color box is increased to the size of a bedspread, then it will bring the style closer to modernity, making the overall impression more vivid and festive. The abstract painting also corresponds to the style and will “liven up” the cold monotony of the interior.
- Downlights should have simple geometric shapes, regardless of their types. Bulky chandeliers and crystal pendants are not appropriate here. For zone lighting, it is better to choose table lamps or sconces with a variable direction of light. The designers advise the light sources should be numerous and installed in several levels. There is a current trio for the High-tech style illumination: spotlights, stringed and built-in lamps.
In the article we looked at the basic principles of High-tech bedroom design. Now it is the time to put the tips into practice!