Firstly, of course, you need to make sure your home looks its best. Secondly, the price must match the offer. Many sellers believe that bidding should start at a high price and slowly low down. But slow-selling is sometimes even more flawed than selling at a real value.
The first 30 days of your home presence in the real estate market is the best indicator of the correct price. If the house is evaluated correctly, you will get a lot of views and, perhaps, attract several offers. But if the asking price is too high, many buyers and their real estate agents will stay away from your home. The cost per square meter is easy to determine, looking at the recently sold, similar offers in your area.
When choosing a real estate agent, do not assume that the one who suggests the highest bidder for your home is the best candidate. If the price is wrong, then it can actually cause you more trouble than good. The sale process may take longer, and in the end, a gradual decline in value can break all records.
Useful Tips to Sell a House Fast
Here are some useful tips on how to sell a house in a short period of time:
- A very important aspect is the price. Realtors and buyers, when they find a good option, start thinking and acting faster. And you, by yourself, save time and nerves if you miss the long price manipulations.
- The first impression is the strongest. Make attractive not only the house itself but also the area around it. This may be laying new turf, planting flowers, painting the front door, repairing fences, or replacing a mailbox.
- Upgrade the interior and exterior. New lamps, a fresh paint cover, and landscaping updates are affordable for your house to be transformed.
- Cleanliness and tidiness. Remove all trash and excess furniture. The fewer things in the house, the better it will look.
- All chandeliers and lamps should be with lights, and serviceable.
- Remove family photos, religious items, and political symbols. Remove all children’s drawings and magnets from the fridge. You want to present to potential buyers, not yourself and your family, but the house.
- Repair everything that is broken and create an image of a comfortable and rational home.
Good luck to you in this responsible and not easy task!