The most popular way to get a San Marino residence permit is starting a business in the state. CEOs of companies, registered here, can apply based on their business ownership. The main condition is a refundable security deposit in the amount of €150,000. The amount can be paid in two stages: half of the receipt of a residence permit, the rest – within two years. These funds can be invested in real estate – both residential and commercial.
The residence permit is valid indefinitely, while the company works and a deposit is placed. The resident card is issued for five years, then it can be renewed every five years. A residence permit holder pays taxes only from sources in San Marino. The main selection criteria are the financial independence of the investor and the absence of a criminal record.
The Algorithm for Obtaining a Residence Permit
- First of all, the applicant must either send in advance or hand over the personally collected package of documents. With a candidate for a residence permit is signed a contract for the provision of comprehensive legal services. There must be the prepayment in the amount of 50% of the total amount of the contract. After that, the applicant is checked for reliability, it costs €1,500. The contract is signed with a lawyer who deals with registration.
- The second stage is the obligatory arrival in San Marino to open a personal bank account. At the same time, the composition of the founders of the company is determined and a notarial act on the establishment of the company in the country is drawn up. After, the applicant transfers to his account two sums:
- for authorized capital – € 26,000;
- for the costs of establishing a company and a security deposit – either immediately € 150,000, or in two stages in equal shares (€ 75,000 at once and another € 75,000 within two years).
During this visit, the applicant must submit a copy of the internal passport with all the marks and fill out a questionnaire for a residence permit. After that, the company is registered, it is assigned a legal address at the place of work of the auditor. This procedure will take two weeks.
- At the third stage, the state registration of the company in San Marino, registration of insurance, and submission of documents for a residence permit are held.
- The fourth, last stage is the receipt of a decision on the provision of a residence permit. Then, in the event of a positive response, the second part of the cost of the legal support contract is paid and a residence permit card is issued.